Saturday 11 July 2015

512 - 6MMRPC 7: 40K Stormtrooper Progress

Yup.

Someone recently suggested that if one paints faces first, then one feels - on a more personal level - more bound to finish the figures; almost as if one starts to invest in them as heroic-28mm people!

So I tried it:
f you're wondering why I have so many projects on the go at the moment, these is a reason. For a 40K fixture I have coming up(!) I really want to finish up a bunch of loose ends...but more on this in another post soon.

Out of interest, other projects I have actively bubbling away include the following:
Da Masta Cheef's Ork Tankbustas,
Bolt Action 28mm AEC Armoured Car Mk III
Flames of War Vickers Machine Gun Platoon
Flames of War Shermans,

...and of these, given the looming 40k confrontation, Da Boyz are, of course, top of the list!

'Til next time then (and I've splendid news to impart this week),

Ave Imperator.

- Drax.




12 comments:

  1. Huzzah! Da rest ov da troops are geering up for Gorka Morka! (which sadly wouldn't include Tankbustas even if they were here to participate)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fantastic! Gorka Morka, eh? - Sweet.

      You wait'll you see what we've got lined up here for 'em too...

      Delete
  2. Classic Drax. Keep cracking on with them and they'll be done before you know it. What seems like little bits of progress done regularly actually helps push through those big bulk jobs.

    This is the second post this morning striking the old nostalgia chord.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers!

      What was the first, by the way?

      Delete
    2. Hey Drax - Ady over at Praetorian XXIV has been posting his 2nd/3rd Ed Ultras in the classic Blue/Yellow/Red scheme. I had an army just like that when I first entered the hobby.

      This was the post I saw the other morning that got me started on my nostalgia trip:

      http://mypraetorians.blogspot.com.au/2015/07/ultramarines-command-and-tactical.html

      Delete
  3. Well they look half finished to me =P
    Seriously though, I hope you find the 'flesh first' technique works out well for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. - As it happens, I agree. And when I worked out the scheme for the original ten, it was done (flat, featureless fizzogs notwithstanding) as an exercise in simple painting. I'll let you know, but for once I'm actually quite optimistic about some speedy painting!

      Delete
  4. And after painting the faces do you feel like their little "People" now? I'd only begin to worry if you start giving them names.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only very few of my 400-odd Guardsmen have names.

      There was a time, though...

      Delete
  5. "Like".

    ps All of Marshal Argos' lil men have names. He has a chart with their star signs and favourite colours as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm faces first...*quickly puts helmets on everyone*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Faces first. Tried that - then fecked up the face paint job when I began painting the rest of the model so I've since gone back to my original method.

    Looking forward to this exciting news - am hoping it's "I won the lottery". And by "I", you'll of course mean, me.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!