Saturday 5 March 2016

547 - Playing Catch-up: A Cornucopia of Posts (Pt 4: X-Wing Mini-Campaign)

This is the last of my catch-up compendium, and a combination of a lack of pics, a lack of memory and a lack of sleep right now means I'll keep it short.

On our previous engagement (the one prior to my last post), DS was keen to field his other new toy...

...so out came his Gozanti-class Cruiser. Specifically, the good ship Vector.
In short, 

  • It looked awesome,
  • We played the three-game escalating mini-campaign which came with the ship,
  • I lost each game,
  • The first through bad luck,
  • The second through terrible manoeuvring and,
  • The third because - as usual - I ignored the mission in order to do something more fun (viz. blowing up the Vector with a vengeful Y-Wing),
DS flew as well as ever, and brilliantly (due to the requirements of the third mission) we actually got to experience - in true Original Trilogy style - a flight of TIE Bombers systematically bombing asteroids. 
To the right of the Vector, you can see the two TIE bombers after their bombing run. Brilliant!
Just beautifully cinematic!


- Drax. 

PS: I played a swift game of Bolt Action tonight, so that'll be up soon...

4 comments:

  1. Nice work drax! I'm really loving X-wing at the moment. Haven't played against the gozanti thou. I like that it can launch little ships :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, mate. It really is super-super characterful...and - of course - it looks appropriately brutally beautiful.

      Delete
  2. I do like the Gozanti - such a cool looking ship. Might get one in a sale some time just for the model. Sometime.

    Do like to see classic games like you've described. One thing that's had me avoid trying to find pick-up games at my LGS is the silly OP K-Wing-type or invisible TIE nonsense that stretches my Star Wars fandom too far.

    Bolt Action you say? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you're very much on our wavelength then, mate. You would've absolutely loved the moment where the bombers were targeting the 'roids - just soooo cinematic!

      Cheers!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!